Senior Software Architect
Valsoft Corporation is looking for a Senior Software Architect to perform architectural analysis and design for systems spanning the Valsoft Hospitality software products and services portfolio.
At Valsoft, we specialize in the acquisition and operation of established and market leading software companies.
The ideal candidate can lead technology evaluation, architecture, and design with a strong focus on data, cloud-hosting, platform services, APIs, and open-source technologies. In addition, we are seeking someone with exceptional leadership and management skills, and can communicate effectively within team and throughout organization to bring together desired results.
*This role may require significant travel.
- Develop enterprise architecture standards and drive their adoption.
- Understanding the requirements, Formulating the design, Communicating the architecture, Supporting the developers, Verifying the implementation.
- The Technical Director must also define and describe:
- Metaphors, design principles and patterns on which the architecture is based,
- The technology, tools and standards which will be used,
- Key mechanisms, such as data access and error handling,
- Specifications and interfaces of components to be bought or built.
- Create, review, and maintain design documents, database diagrams, flowcharts and data dictionaries:
- Software requirements specifications
- Software design documents
- Details on the software engineering tools used
- Software test specifications and results
- Details on the adopted software engineering methods
- Problems encountered during the development process
- Identify and enable data capabilities and consistent design across APIs.
- Monitor and identify performance trends and work with teams to improve processes and procedures.
- Maintain an organization-wide view of current and future business and application architecture to provide solutions that integrate into the overall architectural vision and strategy.
- Maintain a balance between strategic visions and tactical solutions in order to formulate the best recommendations in accordance with the business needs.
- Align technology strategy with Business Goals and work with R&D and IT Operations to develop high-level implementation plans for Programs/Projects.
- Establish goals, monitors progress toward them, and ultimately achieves these goals.
- Act as a critical interface to solution implementation, development, quality assurance, and operations in deploying solutions.
- Collaborate very closely with IT and R&D Leadership on Technical Strategy.
- Perform detailed architectural reviews of new products to ensure standards and best-practices are used. Provide solution recommendations as appropriate.
- Participate in the implementation of solutions within SCRUM teams.
- Validate technological choices by developing prototypes of infrastructure and technology platforms, including cloud services.
- Guide and coach teams and individuals on Agile methodologies, development of key applications and development operations technologies (containers, orchestrators, development operations, Azure platform, etc.).
- Stimulate the development of projects using cloud computing (Kubernetes, Service Fabric, automation pipeline, monitoring, Docker, data platforms, systems integration, etc.).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of technical leadership and architecture experience in software development. This includes experience designing and delivering large scale distributed systems (ideally using modern SOA patterns and REST)
- 3+ years successfully owning and evolving a production solution with complex integration requirements.
- Significant experience with defining application architecture for AWS or/and Azure
- Experience with customer-facing experiences preferred
- Hands-on experience with architecting and implementation of solutions using frameworks such as MVC and technologies such as Node.js and Angular JS.
- Experience with Web Services, Microservices, and Asynchronous Messaging.
- Knowledgeable and comfortable working in Agile SDLC/ DevOPs/Scrum processes.
- Solid understanding of security/access control, scalability, high availability, and concurrency patterns
- Prior experience with at least one major IaaS and/or PaaS technology (OpenStack, AWS, Heroku, etc.)
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and related technologies (hardware, virtualization, networking)