Regional Director (Asia Pacific, Travel & Leisure)
Valsoft Corporation is currently seeking a dynamic and exceptional leader to captain the hospitality division in the APAC region. The Regional Director will be responsible for ensuring everyday activities run efficiently and effectively.
**This job is based in Sydney, Australia
Valsoft acquires and develops vertical market software companies, enabling each business to deliver the best mission-critical solutions for customers in their respective industry or niche.
A key tenet of Valsoft’s philosophy is to invest in well-established businesses and then foster an entrepreneurial environment that shapes a company into a leader in its respective industry. Unlike private equity and VC firms, Valsoft does not have a pre-defined investment horizon and looks to buy, hold and create value through long-term partnerships with existing management and customers.
In this role, reporting directly to the President of Valsoft Hospitality, the Regional Director will be expected to have excellent leadership skills as well as a process-oriented and business mindset. You must be someone who excels at people management, setting direction and priorities, and monitoring results against key business metrics. You will also be leading process implementation, department strategy and ongoing innovation initiatives, alongside Business Unit Managers and members of the management team.
The candidate will handle the following responsibilities:
- Full control and responsibility over the region’s P&L.
- Lead our established management team by providing tools and support to ensure success.
- Collaborate with senior management to set strategy and objectives.
- Work with product and technology teams to develop the product roadmap and ensure the focus is on the right R&D initiatives.
- Manage day-to-day affairs of the region and act as the last point of escalation for all customers and members of the team.
- Establish a sales culture throughout the organization.
- Enforce accountability on all levels.
- Constantly protect and invigorate our hospitality brands while maintaining the current level of excellence in customer satisfaction.
- Strike collaborative partnerships with other companies in the industry.
- Provide quarterly reporting on the progress and results of the business.
- Research and build business plans with the management team on new/emerging growth markets and new commercial strategies.
- Analyze the target market and create an engagement plan.
- Monitor market and existing customers risk and opportunity trends with the aim of growing and retaining revenue.
- Fully manage hiring, training and development of the team.
- Ensure all commercial activities meet or improve on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets for short and long-term plans.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Manage organizational structure of various departments, ensuring scalability, optimization and efficiency.
- Work effectively with department leadership and other teams to implement strategies that will increase productivity.
- Coach team on department metrics in order to achieve a higher level of performance.
- Execute performance management measures in a timely & proactive manner.
- Identify technological, quality and productivity enhancements.
- Assist in implementing policies, procedures, new systems and organization changes.
- Assist teams in developing effective procedures, work schedules & assignment of responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as required.
In order to succeed, the candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- Education: Bachelor level, in engineering or technology; MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Over 3 years of direct team management experience or demonstrated leadership potential.
- Over 3 years of operational experience, in a technology environment.
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., managing a P&L, understanding of financial documents, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.)
- Certain level of familiarity with the M&A process.
- Ability to structure, analyze, and solve complex business problems, as well as deliver impact against concrete business goals.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Cross-functional management skill set including operations, sales, administration, and R&D.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to manage, lead and motivate employees.
- A “roll up the sleeves” attitude towards problem solving.
- Goal-oriented with comfort in setting measurable goals for others and him/herself.
- Comfortable working independently as well as in a team.
- Ability and willingness to create change; passion for continuous improvement.
- Travel required for internal and customers meetings.
Please send your cover letter, resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position.