Valsoft is looking for a self-motivated and experienced API Developer to join our growing team.
At Valsoft, our focus is to acquire and grow vertical software businesses that provide mission-critical solutions in their respective niche or market. We see Valsoft as an extension of ourselves and we take pride in serving our customers well, providing opportunities and a great work environment for our team.
As the API Developer at Valsoft, you will be working with our Travel & Leisure team on developing new web applications and integrations with third party applications in the hospitality industry. We are looking for a motivated web developer, who is committed to executing all responsibilities with the highest standards.
- Design, develop, and integrate using the appropriate methodologies, technology and tools.
- Practice strong configuration management and version control.
- Contribute to the production of deliverables such as detailed design documentation, unit test plans and well documented code.
- Develop solutions that adhere to industry standard methodologies in areas such as design, performance, flexibility, user experience, and scalability while also ensuring the solution code-base is clean and well-documented with an emphasis on code quality, extensibility, security, reusability, and stability.
- Design, develop, and maintain highly secure, stable, scalable, and extensible solutions.
- Contribute to design, automated testing, continuous integration and build management
- Ensure quality through unit and functional test implementation and execution.
- Participate in and contribute to all phases of Product Development Life Cycle from Design Input to Design Verification and Test Automation.
- Develop and maintain code documentation including software development plans, software design, and requirement specifications.
- Analyze and influence technical, system, and/or user requirements.
- Create solutions to improve system performance.
- Assist project teams with software integration and coordination.
- Serving the data from data APIs and database storage to application front-ends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in data integration and RESTful API development with demonstrable production-scale experience.
- Experience developing and integrating APIs, REST/JSON/XML.
- Solid knowledge on API frameworks and ability to make effective choices on the solutions used based on the requirements for the API.
- Knowledge of secure coding practices, specifically PCI and GDPR standards and requirements.
- Ability to write effective documentation of the API.
- Experience with API architecture, creation, documentation and development.
- Experience with AWS or Azure services and tools.
- Familiar working in ASP.NET web applications desired.
- Advanced skills and knowledge of development methodologies across various technologies.
- Strong SQL – writing and reviewing complex SQL statements, performance tuning.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to logically analyze and creatively solve complex issues independently.
- Ability and willingness to create change; passion for continuous improvement.
What You Can Expect at Valsoft
- Competitive salaries;
- Opportunities for generous performance-based incentive structures;
- Comprehensive group insurance plan;
- 50% off your gym membership premium;
- Fully-stocked kitchen, Friday breakfast, monthly lunches, and many other food-related activities;
- Campus-style workplace encourages innovation and creativity.
Please send your cover letter, resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position.